Raising kids these days is harder than it seems. From trying to install car seats to getting them to eat their vegetables, parents have a lot on their plate.
But one thing you don’t want to stress about is installing, adjusting, and removing your Clek booster seat.
In this blog post, we will teach you how to do all this in just a few simple steps. Keep reading for more information!
How to Install, Adjust & Remove Clek’s Booster Seat (with fullback mode)
Installing Clek Booster seat
Clek’s booster seat uses the rigid LATCH system to install on your car. It’s pretty straightforward to install and remove it, just follow these steps:
1. First, you have to extend the latch connectors. To do that, pull the recline handle with one hand and at the same time pull the latch connectors and extend them outwards.
2. Line up the clek’s booster seat LATCH connectors to your car’s lower LATCH anchors.
3. Puch the booster (LATCH connectors) toward the anchors until you hear a click
4. Pull back the seat and move it around to make sure that the booster is securely connected.
5. Once installed, make sure the booster seat sits firmly against the car’s seat back
Note: Do not allow a gap between this booster seat headrest and the car’s seat back or headrest.
Adjusting Clek booster seat to a reclined position
To adjust the booster seat to a reclined position do this:
1. Pull on the Recline Handle located on the front of the Seat Base and slide this booster seat towards you to the desired reclined position.
2. Release Recline Handle to lock the booster seat in the recline position.
3. Make sure the booster seat Headrest remains in contact with the car’s seat back or headrest.
4. To return this booster seat to the upright position, pull and hold the Recline Handle with one hand and then push this booster seat towards the vehicle seat back.
5. Release Recline Handle to lock the booster seat in the upright position.
Removing Clek Booster Seat
To remove Clek’s booster seat, you have to do the following:
1. Expose the LATCH Connectors by pulling on the Recline Handle located on the front of the booster Seat Base and sliding the booster towards you.
2. Once the LATCH connectors are exposed, locate the red buttons on the front of the LATCH connectors.
3. Use your thumb to press one button at a time to release the LATCH connector and use the other hand to pull the booster seat forward.
4. Do this for both LATCH connectors.
6. To retract the seat’s LATCH connectors, pull and hold Recline Handle on the front of the booster Seat Base and then push the LATCH Connectors into the Seat Base.
6. Remove this booster seat from the car.
How to install and remove Clek’s booster seat cup holder
Installing Clek’s booster seat cupholder
- Unsnap the booter seat cushion to reveal the cupholder installation slot (on both sides of the car seat)
- Pick a slot and slide your cupholder in it until it’s locked in.
- To put the seat cushion down, press on both sides of the seat until you hear a click
- That’s it. You’ve got the cup thingy installed.
Here is a video that shows you how to install the booster seat cup holder.
Removing Clek’s booster seat cupholder
To remove the cup holder follow the same steps.
Fullback to Backless: How to remove the back of Clek Booster Seat
To convert Oobr Clek booster seat from fullback to backless mode, you have to separate the base from the back of the seat.
Following these steps you will easily remove Clek’s booster seat back:
- Lay down the seat on the side
- Hold the release strap with one hand and the seatback with the other hand
- Pull down the strap to detach the pigs holding the two pieces together
- Now, you have safely removed the back of Oobr booster seat.
To put the Clek’s booster seat into fullback mode, all you have to do is one pig into the back of the seat and push down on the other side until you hear a lock.
Here is a video on how to remove and install the back of Clek’s booster seat:
How to install and remove clek backless booster seat (Oobr)
Installing Booster Seat in Backless Mode
1. To release/extend the lower anchors, pull and hold Recline Handle in front of the booster Seat Base and pull the LATCH Connectors out.
2. Align the LATCH Connectors with the car’s LATCH anchors and press the LATCH Connectors against the LATCH lower anchors until you hear each LATCH Connector click
3. Once the LATCH Connectors are securely connected to the LATCH lower anchors, pull forward on this booster seat to make sure it is securely attached to the vehicle’s LATCH lower anchors on both sides.
Note: Do not allow a gap between this booster seat and the car’s seat back.
Removing Booster Seat in Backless Mode
1. Pull on the Recline Handle located on the front of this booster Seat Base and slide this booster seat towards you exposing the LATCH Connectors.
2. Locate the red buttons on the front of the LATCH Connectors.
3. To release one LATCH Connector at a time, use your thumb to press one button while using the other hand to pull this booster seat forward.
4. Repeat for the opposite LATCH Connector.
5. To store the LATCH Connectors when not in use, pull and hold Recline Handle on the front of the booster Seat Base and then push the LATCH Connectors into the Seat Base.
6. Remove this booster seat from the vehicle.
How to install and remove Clek Booster Seat (Olli)
Olli is Clek’s backless booster seat that uses a LATCH installation system.
1. To install clek’s booster in the back seat of the car, line up the booster seat LATCH connectors to the car’s lower LATCH anchors and push forward until you hear a click. Pull back to see if it’s securely attached.
3. To remove the Olli booster seat, push the seat with one hand and pull the quick-release strap with the other hand. That’s it!
Here is a video on how to install and remove Olli, Clek’s backless booster seat:
Now that you know how to install, adjust, and remove your Clek booster seat, be sure to check out our other posts for more car seat safety tips.